1) A school mate during my 7th & 8th classes, whom i met quite surprisingly at moi office last year.... and learnt that she is designated to be my colleague.... is married to a famous TV personality (i found this out only last week..... another plesant surprise indeed)! but it is a pity that i didnt take the effort to go & speak to her in office... nor did she... dont even know if she remembers me.... :-)
2) A classmate of mine (at college) married a guy who was also very well known to me.... both of them were a part of a large gang of friends.... and there was no cue... as to their relationship extending anything beyond sweet friendship.... i was pretty surprised (or may be shocked!!) to see their wedding snaps on Orkut! Hmmm.... life's so strange!
3) A star blogger of our company's internal blog world (who had quit his job & gone off to a distant land) called me a few days back & we had a great talk about this & that & that & this! it is really wonderful to share one's thoughts & feelings with someone whom you've never met in your life..... but know so very well.... through the blogging media! Internet rules!! :-)
4) Another great blogger of our corporate blogging space (popularly known as the Queen of Humour!) spotted my request mail as the reason for her to put up a post after a very long time! It felt so greattttt! i was soooo happy to see my name & mail content featured in her blog! :-)
5) After a gaaaaaaaaaaaaaap of 15years (Oh yeah!) i managed to scribble a decent few lines of poetry the day before yesterday.... out of sheer impulse! And was dumbstruck when i saw the immense appreciation & encouragementi received in the form of Comments to that poem! Want to write more....
6) The agent (more commonly known as the marriage broker :-)) had brought a proposal for my brother-in-law 5 months back, which did not suit our specifications much. Further, we happened to see the same girl's profile, a month ago, in one of the matrimony sites.... and yesterday.... when i was riding on a familiar road, close to my house.... i saw this girl in person.... sooooooooo close.... that i would have nearly clutched her hand in excitement! After all, it is a very small world! :-)
7) After a really long period, we (my husband & self) went for a weekend (road) trip to Nandi Hills (on the outskirts of Bangalore) yesterday. It was a different rejuvenating experience altogether..... far from the madding crowd in the city, though today has been a day filled with fatigue, back ache, headache, leg pain & so on.... Looking fwd to more such expeditions in the near future!
1) While talking to one of my old friends over phone last week... i had enquired about the well being of her dad & mom (individually).... totally forgetting the fact that her father had passed away about an year ago.... just a second after i uttered that sentence, i rephrased it... mentioning only abt her mother & eliminating the dad part :-( That was quite embarrasing & heart wrenching! (though she did not mention anything about my critical blunder.... but spoke in a rather reassuring manner.... about her mom & her dad's first anniversary!!) Hmmm.... Look before you leap!